Last update: 2nd May 2018
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU (What data is being collected?): Biotekna will collect, store and use the personal information which is provided while you are using our online store, including name, location, telephone number and email address. Your personal information is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED (How is data collected?): The personal information BioTekna will collect, store and use are:
– information provided by you: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
– automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our store.
DATA CONTROLLER (Who is collecting the data?): The Data Controller is Biotekna Limited, 511 Cannon Wharf, Pell Street, SE8 5EN, London. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA (What is the legal basis for processing the data?): Personal information you provide is collected for a specific purpose and is not processed in a way which is incompatible with the purpose which BioTekna collected it
Your consent is the legal basis of the processing of your data, collected and stored while you are using our online store. The information we learn from you is used to process your orders and helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience on our store.
In particular, we use you data to:
– handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments
– subscribe to our newsletter, send updates, technical and/or scientific and commercial material
– communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers
– update our records and generally maintain your account with us
– recommend products that might be of interest to you
– improve our online store and our service
– enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
DATA SHARING (Will the data be shared with any third parties?): Within the limits relevant to the purposes of the processing of the data indicated above, your personal information may be disclosed to partners, subsidiaries, consulting firms, private companies. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. In addition we may disclose your information to third parties where you have consented for us to do so or we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so.;
DATA RETENTION (How long will the data be stored for?): Your personal information is kept no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, we ask you to inform us of any and all changes to your personal information to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal information accordingly.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS (What rights does the data subject have?): You are always entitled to request:
– access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
– correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
– erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
– the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
– the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our data protection officer by emailing email@example.com and letting us know that you want to unsubscribe.
In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact our data protection officer by firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
REQUIRED FIELDS: When buying a product on our store, some of the fields are optional and some are mandatory (indicated by an asterisk). If you fail to complete the required fields, you won’t be able to complete your oder.
MANDATORY CONSENT: Your consent to data processing is optional, but necessary to proceed with the completion of your order.
HOW WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION (How will the information be used?): We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
– used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
– collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
– accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
– kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
– kept securely.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO by emailing email@example.com . You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.